Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An Anthology of Only The Best Greatest Hits

I don't really believe in anything anymore. Yes, like the Nihilist in Lebowski. This is the first thought of my morning just about every day. I'm trying my damnedest to be cheery about it.

John McCain is suspending his campaign; meanwhile, his supporters suspend their disbelief. I'm beginning to think he doesn't even want to be president. He looks more tired every day. Meanwhile, Sarah Palin is being carted around the globe in shotgun meetings with world leaders, but unfortunately the press will not be allowed to videotape their laughter.

Just what the hell is up with the McCain campaign, anyway? It's being extra ambiguous. Do Americans like ambiguous? Are leaders supposed to ambiguous? You know who's also very ambiguous? Kim Jong Il. Sooo, I'm not sure whether that answers my question yes or no. Some people might think that type of leadership is needed in this country; someone to drive us into a true third world, polish up the nice parts, and show those off to everyone, meanwhile hiding the absolute collapse of the remaining areas (the other 98%).

I'm not saying that'll happen. I'm simply making the point that deep down, some people might LIKE the fact that McCain is so frowny and obscured nowadays. They grew up with rich, hot-headed parents who always said everything was fine because they were desperately clinging to their image of perfection. They don't care about the majority of the country, just their nice part of it. They see John McCain speak and, somehow, they relate. And then they vote.

2 comments:

  1. "I don't really believe in anything anymore. Yes, like the Nihilist in Lebowski."

    But the funny part of the nihilists in lebowski wasn't that they didn't believe in anything, it's that they did believe, but in nothing.

    Or perhaps i'm reading too much into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you know what i mean!!!!!!
    -Albert Im

    ReplyDelete