Friday, June 27, 2008

Wild, Wild Horses Couldn't Drag a Horse To Water

Well well well it looks like blogger.com didn't want me to have that Pat Buchanan ad on my blog, and so they stealthily removed it from my previous entry. Eh, I don't miss it much.

So, I got a new (used) laptop, and it's amazing (to me). I've never had a laptop before. It makes me absolutely hate my six or seven year old desktop machine, which I'll now refer to as my "giant three piece DVD burner" or maybe I'll just call it "a giant piece of shit". Either one works.

Buying this laptop has improved my daily life in that now instead of staying home on my computer all day, I stay everywhere on my computer all day. It has reinstated my waning faith in consumerism. Buying things! WOW! If you could see my pasty, 2-day bearded face right now, accented by my unkempt hair and glazed-over eyes, you would be witnessing life in completion.

Wait, I need snacks.

Okay, as soon as I get those snacks, I'll be happy again. I'll need are snacks, my laptop, my mp3 collection, my dvd collection, my flatscreen tv, my dvd player, my three record players, my record collection (duh), my other computer, a ton of food, atleast a twelve pack of beer, a fat sack of the sticky stuff, a working car, some nice flattering threads, a trendy razor with an inordinate amount of blades, atleast two comfy couches, a variety of lamps and shoes, an internet connection and oh yeah my cell phone, and I'm happy.

If one of those things is missing, fuck you, I want it back. Give it back!

I miss that Pat Buchanan ad. Dammit, blogger.com, GIVE IT BACK!


George Carlin died this week. This is just for my own records, really. But just so I can make it official, his death actually did effect me, and I'm not just saying that because everyone in the media is. I couldn't care less about the seven dirty words bit. I liked him because he was FUNNY. The TV media coverage I saw of his death was depressing, because all they talked about were things that happened over thirty years ago.

Regardless, Carlin was the first standup comic I ever considered to be my favorite. My brother gave handed-me-down a tape of his, On The Road, in 1987, and it had no case, so I had no idea what he looked like (there was no google image back then.) So, all I had was my imagination. In hindsight, I think my basic perception of what he looked like was pretty accurate. I definitely heard his beard in his voice. Regardless of what he looked like, I wanted to be him for a long time. No one was funnier than him, except maybe my brothers, who I still consider way funnier than me any day.

George Carlin will always have a special place in my youtube watching heart. I pretty much never tire of him, and listening to him make every point with laser precision and making me laugh hysterically at the same time, well, is there any better time to be alive than when that happens?

Rest peacefully, George.



----------------
Now playing: Burial - Wounder

No comments:

Post a Comment