Ron Paul puts his campaign out of its misery. Rest In Peace, Ron Paul's candidacy. You got me into this presidential election way more than Barack's did. I guess I get more excited about policy than speeches. I don't pretend that Ron Paul might have won, but I do believe if the media treated him differently, we could have seen a really fantastic one on one debate between he and John McCain. Or a really lopsided one, since John McCain is a rusty old man and the even older Ron Paul has the energy of a 20 year old.
In other news, the Supreme Court decided to give Gitmo detainees the same rights as us, which I agree with. As you can imagine, a lot of Republicans are furious. Just republicans, though, so it's fine.
And finally, Tim Russert collapsed and died from an enlarged heart. Rest in Peace, Lil' Russ. This made me so fucking sad. There aren't any other political journalists that were more engaging to watch on television than this man. His professionalism, wealth of knowledge of American political history, and respectful demeanor made hacks like O'Reilly, Hannity and yes, Keith Olbermann look childish. The news world today just lost a major source of credibility. NBC better take a nice long time to pick a replacement. I don't even wanna joke about this. If this show falls in the wrong hands, it could mean terrible things. Meet the Press was never part of the "news as entertainment" phenomenon that has taken over this country. It's a community service and needs to be treated as such.
That said, I think Montel Williams would make a great replacement.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I thought we agreed on Maury. Or Rachael Ray.
ReplyDeleteWait, Katie Couric! Skip to 2 minutes and 15 seconds, and judge for yourself.
Eww!
-jack
I really wish Obama would have responded,
ReplyDelete"Yes Katie, that would kinda make me feel 'eww!'."