Thursday, October 23, 2008

Eagles Dreaming of American Small Towns

Sound the alarms! The Socialist invasion is coming! Obama and Ayers are gonna bomb us all and take our things! Our guns will be siezed! All blacks will be given big checks for nothing! All whites will have to pay double their taxes, except for Bill Ayers, who is considered "one of them" since he's an America-hating terrorist! Then Pelosi, Reid and Feingold are gonna take our wallets and give them out to heroin junkies! Just like what happened in the 90's! Remember how awful the 90's were for America? Is anyone listening to my bullshit??!?!?!

--------------------

If Obama is the messiah, that's what the religious-right righties want, right? So what's the problem?

Even if he's the anti-Christ, like some have said, that's still good for them, right? I mean, if any of their favorite comic book characters come to life, wouldn't they be equally stoked?

--------------------

I'm pretty sure by now that only Limbaugh/Coulter/Malkanites and hill people support John McCain, which is incredibly ironic since they until recently have always hated McCain, and many elected republicans dislike him as well. Palin energizes the base because she gets zealots to pay attention to the election; something McCain couldn't do himself since he has been known to think things through in the past.

I simply cannot think of one good reason to vote for McCain (not that I could now anyway, since I've already voted). He still has not separated himself from George W. Bush. At all. He hasn't reached out to any sect of this country other than his base. He's abandoned independents altogether. If he was a party-bucking moderate before, he is an extreme-right wing dinosaur now. He's doing everything Bush did to beat him in 2000, and it's not working. That's gotta sting.

Now, Obama has his question marks, sure. I'm skeptical of his (kinda) fairytale goals for this country, and his ability to implement them, and perhaps he's a Socialist Christian Muslim Radical 60's Terrorist, but I would much rather have a new car from a questionable new brand whose performance so far shows potential for greater things in the future than an old Chevy beater with an oil leak and irreparable brakes (with a governor on the gas pedal keeping it from progressing too far).

No comments:

Post a Comment