When I was in third grade, I remember one day my mom was driving me to school. In the car, on the way there, I had been trying to think of alternate lyrics to "The Candyman", which I planned on retitling "The Chinaman". I don't really remember the exact lyrics I had come up with for my new song, but I do know they involved "Godzilla movies" and "fortune cookies". So far, so good.
Anyway, I sang it for my mom, hoping that upon hearing it she'd excitedly drive me to a recording studio, instead of St. Mary Magdalen, so I can start my career as an innocently racist seven-year-old parody songwriter.
Well, I got through the first line, and her instant first reaction was to say, "Honey, the Japs made Godzilla, not the Chinaman."
Shit. Back to the drawing board.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

haha :)
ReplyDeletei really like your blog
just thought you should know that
I dont have a horse
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing excellent informations. Your site is so cool. I'm impressed by the details that you’ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. louis vuitton outlet
ReplyDelete