Anyway, he's started a new "revolution". The 9-12 Project. (Please read their mission statement right now and have some popcorn ready.) He wants America to get back to how "united" they were the day after 9-11 (even though Obama won by a landslide), and to gather together across the country to protest...global currency and gun bans (really, really pressing issues), so I guess it's the same as the Ron Paul revolution, only less inclusive and, scarily enough, more organized.
The name, 9-12 Project, not only refers to the day after the government allowed us to be attacked by a bunch of suicidal Saudis, it also stands for the 9 principles and 12 values, of course! Because, what's a revolution without a bulleted list of propaganda? No fun, that's what.

A little prologue: I was inspired to pay more attention to this asshole because I waited on a table of folks yesterday, a middle aged couple and their super-nerd son, who were talking about the 9-12 project with a frightening level of excitement. They weren't just talking about it, though. They were talking about what they wanted to do for it. They were BRAINSTORMING. Here is a chilling quote from the dad:
"He (Beck) laid out a list of nine principles and twelve values. He said 'if you don't agree with all of them, don't sign up', and whattya know, half a million people have already signed up!"
Now, half a million people isn't that many. Ron Paul had far more people following him than that. But Beck isn't running for president. And because of that, people are getting behind him because they have nothing to lose. It's the evangelist effect. Lots of followers, so he must have credibility... By the way, that's why Fox News thinks they're right all the time. They tell people "just look at our ratings". WWE gets pretty good ratings too, and is about as real.
Anyway, let's look at the principles and values that one MUST accept in order to be a 9-12'er for real. (Parenthetical commentary is mine.)
9 Principles
1. America Is Good. (So far, I'm in.)
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life. (Oh well, I'm already out.)
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday. (This one perplexes me. What if you're already 100% honest? This was probably the last one they wrote, but stuck it at number 3 to give it weight.)
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government. (Wait, I don't remember voting for Beck or his wife.)
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. (Anyone besides the last administration against this one?)
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results. (And there won't be if the 9-12'ers can help it!!)
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. (Unless that charity goes to the spread of paper democracies across the world.)
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. (However, if you do, a lot of people in the media will call you un-American until they're blue in the face, especially if it's about a military operation, but, just so you know, you're not.)
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me. (Why did it take eight years for Beck to realize this?)
and now...
12 Values
- Honesty
- Reverence
- Hope
- Thrift
- Humility
- Charity
- Sincerity
- Moderation
- Hard Work
- Courage
- Personal Responsibility
- Gratitude
BUT, as Beck himself has said on his show:
"If you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot."
So there you have it. Idiots everywhere are gathering together to try and "take back" a country which they currently already have. And Glenn Beck and his Humility are getting rich in the process. So...same cult, different leader. Oh well.

i did i did.
ReplyDelete